What are cookies?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded on your computer or mobile device when you visit certain web pages. Cookies allow a web page, for example, to identify a user session, recall your preferences (e.g. language), gather information about your browsing habits or show you advertising adapted to your preferences.
You can find out more information about cookies at the following link: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/es/
What cookies do we use on our portal?
All the cookies used on this portal are UCLG's own or third-party cookies, used for analytical purposes. The types of cookies we use are:
|_unam||Uclg.org (using Google Analytics)||Analytical||9 months|
|_utma||Uclg.org (using Google Analytics)||Analytical||2 years|
|_utmb||Uclg.org (using Google Analytics)||Analytical||30 minutes|
|_utmc||Uclg.org (using Google Analytics)||Analytical||Session|
|_utmz||Uclg.org (using Google Analytics)||Analytical||6 months|
Google Analytics: These are cookies that we use to improve our website. We use Google Analytics to carry out this analysis. If you delete them, you can carry on browsing normally.
These cookies gather anonymous information on how users use our website, such as the number of visitors, identifying users and sessions, how the user reached the site, the most visited pages, and the number of users that share content or use forms.
How to delete cookies
If you delete Analytical cookies, you will be able to carry on browsing normally.
Cookies can be deleted by configuring your browser so that it prevents them from being downloaded, as shown below. Depending on the browser you use, you will need to follow the instructions below:
• Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows7/how-to-manage-cookies-in-int...
• Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=es&answer=95647
• Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/products/firefox/cookies
• Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/ph5042
• Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/11.50/es-ES/cookies.html
On mobile devices:
1. On the Home page, press “Settings”.
2. Press “Safari”.
3. Press “Clear cookies and data” and confirm the order and/or select your preferences in the “Privacy and Security” section.
1. Launch your browser from the Home page.
2. Press the “Menu” key, then press “More”.
3. Press “Settings”
4. Scroll down to the “Privacy Setting” section, press “Clear All Cookie Data” and press “OK” and/or select your preferences.
1. Open your Internet Explorer
2. Tap “More”
3. Press “Settings”
4. Scroll down to the “Cookies” section and then set your preferences.
Cookie management and disposal tools:
Analytical cookies: With regard to analytical cookies set by Google Analytics, you can delete them by using the Google Analytics disable add-on for browsers https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en or by using your browser's configuration that stops them from being downloaded, as indicated above.
United Cities and Local Governments
Carrer Avinyó, 15